Friday, June 26, 2009

ruin me.

Over the past few days (or actually weeks), I have really been struggling with discerning God’s will. Undoubtedly this is not the first time I’ve struggled with this, nor will it be the last. I have sought advice from several people, but more than anything, I have just tried to be still and let HIM speak to me. A friend and I have had many conversations about how God doesn’t try to hide His will from us. He simply wants to reveal His plan for our lives as we draw near to Him and meditate upon His Word. If we are striving daily to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, in complete surrender to Him, the Holy Spirit will guide us. That is so comforting. Waiting and trusting aren’t always the easiest, but how hopeful to know that our reliance is in the Faithful, Creator God.

My prayer through this time has been that I would completely die to myself...that my heart would have no will, no desire of its own...that my decision would be based solely upon where His Spirit is leading me and not based on my wants....and that my heart would be filled with the desire to please Him, not others. It's been really neat to just slow down and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and then watch how He proves faithful with every step. Jeff Johnson’s song, Ruin Me, has been such an encouragement to me these past few days. The lyrics just seemed to echo my prayers and are so powerful! Here they are:

Woe to me I am unclean
A sinner found in Your presence
I see you seated on Your throne
Exalted, Your Glory surrounds You

Now the plans that I have made
Fail to compare when I see your glory

Ruin my life the plans I have made
Ruin desires for my own selfish gain
Destroy the idols that have taken Your place
'Till its You alone I live for,
You alone I live for. (repeat)

Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy is the Lord!

Here's the link to the video. It's amazing! Enjoy.

2 comments:

reflectivejourney said...

Ahhh... what a powerful song! And what a powerful post! I truly enjoyed reading it! :)

Johnathan said...

My honest opinion is that if we truly desire to be living sacrifices before His throne, we will. Keep seeking Him.

I hope you are doing well also!